It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:40 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

I had absolutely no complaints about food aboard ship back in 1962-1964! We had often fried eggs for morning chow, steaks from time to time, and you could order them the way you like them cooked; We had lots of fruit when crusing around Hawaii for ORI, and even the milk, though it was re-constituted from dry milk was still very good, especially because it was always nice and cold.

We had all the holiday food that you'd have at home. in many ways, HANNA made everyone feel at home, while so many miles away; for me anyway, the Hannah was my Home away from Home.

My Favorite meal on the Hancock was "Hancock Steak" - while many complained about it, I really liked it... Also, how about S.O.S., were you really tired of it? I enjoyed it with or without peas.

And the Cold-cuts (which had a name I can't mention online) was as good as the ship could do for quickie-meals. No complaints heard from me back then which was nearly 50 years ago, and today, I still have fond memories of food on the Hancock. If you were one of our Cooks, my hat goes off to you!!! Job Well done!.

Jake

OfflineProfile
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:41 pm 

in either 73 or 75 we detoured to the indian ocean, spent 50 some days at sea with no food unreps. we ate so much hancock steak I still am not big on roast beef. same with red death (chili) and rice.

OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]